Type 5 w/ Crepe Mudguard - Black Leather
Yuk's Type 5 with Crepe Mudguard Shoe in Black Leather
- Handcrafted in Portugal
- Upper: German Vegetable-Tanned Leather
- Outsole: Natural Rubber
- Insole: Leather Insole + Leather Tuck + Memory Foam + Arch Support
- Shoelace: Cow Hide
- Construction: Cement
- Last: Yuks 005
- Yuks Type 5 with Crepe Mudguard, a low-cut profiled timeless design, bringing together the pliant comfort of the 1960’s iconic French walking shoes, mixed up with the outsole distinctive from the 1950s iconic masterpiece worn by Steve McQueen both on and off screen. These shoes are handcrafted onto the Yuks’ original orthopedic-inspired re-modified shoe last. These shoes were designed and crafted under a concept of linking to the careful craftsmanship of the good old days with nostalgic look and feel.
- Each pair is entirely hand-cut and hand-constructed from select cuts of German-made vegetable-tanned leather lined with softly tanned cow leather. This ‘naked’ leather is exceptionally breathable and will patina more quickly than leathers that have undergone further processing.
- Full vegetable-tanned leather insoles and leather tucks reinforcements increase fitting in the arch and heel as well as lessen foot fatigue by forming a stable bridge between the heel and ball of the owner's foot which causes weight to be distributed more evenly across the foot. This results in reduced foot fatigue and improved comfort.
- The traditional natural rubber crepe sole provides superb shock absorption and an incredibly soft and slip-resistant tread, ensuring sublime comfort for the wearer.WARNING: It is important to avoid contact with any petroleum based products as this may cause the natural crepe outsole to dissolve.
WARNING: It is important to avoid contact with any petroleum based products as this may cause the natural crepe outsole to dissolve.